Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Hey guys! Jennifer here, reporting in for my first post on Lita's blog. In my part of the world, Autumn has fully arrived, and along with that, cooler temperatures. After the nasty heat of summer, I always look forward to rich soups, hearty meals, and decadent desserts. One of my family's favorite treats is Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, and I'm going to share that recipe with you today! It is super easy to make and is somewhat nutritious too!

Ingredients:
One box of Spice Cake Mix(If you can't find spice cake mix, you can use a yellow cake mix and add pumpkin pie spice to taste)
One small can pumpkin (not pie filling, pure pumpkin)
One bag of chocolate chips


(please note, in my pictures I am making a double batch, as a single batch won't last a day. My ingredient quantities are doubled)

Preheat oven to 375F. Mix together the pumpkin and the cake mix. Make sure to mix thoroughly until there are no lumps left in the batter.


 Then add the chocolate chips. We like a lot of chocolate chips in ours, so I add close to an entire bag.

Mix slowly and thoroughly so that the chips are evenly distributed throughout the batter. This is a very thick batter, and you will find it hard to stir, but this step is best done by hand so not to break the chips.

Scoop the batter by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. These cookies don't spread much, so you can put them close together.
Bake in the oven for 12-20 minutes. These cookies need to be watched closely because it depends on the oven for baking time, and each batch tends to take a bit less time than the one prior. Cookies are done when you can tap them on top and it bounces back completely. Do not overbake! Let cool on the sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks until completely cooled. Store in an air tight container between layers of parchment paper. Best if eaten within one week.

I hope you enjoy one of our favorite Autumn treats!

1 comments:

Athena 31 October, 2011 10:15  

Damn those look good. Wish I could make them, but alas I can't have any sugar right now.