Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hybrid Tutorial - Post It Note holders

Post It Note Holders

Hello!  I’m Pene and today I’d like to show you a great little tutorial for a
last minute, quick, easy and beautiful gift.  In about 10 minutes, and with only a few supplies, you will have a fabulous Post It Note Holder.



Supplies:
·      Cardstock
·      Paper Trimmer
·      Scissors
·      Scorer
·      Ruler
·      Distressing ink and sponge
·      Double sided tape
·      Foam tape/Dimensionals
·      Flowers, ribbon, bling – whatever tickles your fancy from your stash
·      Digital Kit -  I used Where I Stand by Litabells Designs, available at Scrap Orchard.

Step One.
I created an A4 sized document in Photoshop Elements 6.0 and made a rectangle using the Rectangle Tool measuring 17cms wide and 8cms tall.  I clipped the blue spotted patterned paper to this rectangle to make the background piece for the holder.  I also made a square measuring 7.5cms x 7.5cms for the front of the holder, and clipped the aqua paper to it.  Using the 7.5cm x 7.5cm square, I resized a wordstrip, tag and flower elements from the kit to embellish the front of the holder.  I then printed this on A4 white cardstock.  To continue the patterned paper inside the holder as well, I turned my cardstock over and printed the cross hatched pattern paper, giving me a perfectly matched double sided piece of cardstock for the holder.



Step Two.
Using a paper trimmer, I cut out the rectangle and square pieces of cardstock, and using scissors, then cut out the wordstrip, flowers and tag.  I used a sponge and distressing ink to ink all the edges of all the pieces, as this gives a better looking edge than plain white and adds some depth.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Brown Corduroy. 



Step Three.
Taking the rectangle of cardstock, use your ruler to measure 8cms in from the left, mark and score.  Do the same from the right, leaving you a spine 1cm wide.  I used a piece of ribbon measuring 50cms to close the holder. Depending if you want to tie a bow, or a knot, vary this length accordingly.  Use double sided tape to stick the ribbon across the whole rectangle piece, leaving the ends free to be tied.



Step Four.
Using double sided tape, I stuck the square of aqua patterned paper to the front of the holder. I used some twine to attach the tag to the flower, punching a small hole for the twine to pass through.  I left the twine longer at the ends and then trimmed it to size so it peeked out from the top of the flower. I used doublesided tape to stick down the wordstrip, and dimensionals to stick the flower elements on for a bit of pop.  You could use anything in your stash to decorate the front; bling, buttons, glitter etc.



Step Seven.
The last step is to stick half a pad of post it notes to the inside of the holder, then tie the ribbon to close it.




So there you have it, a quick and easy project with a stunning result!

Cheers,
Pene

0 comments: