Saturday, December 3, 2011

Super Easy Ham and Cheese Casserole

Hey there, its Heather again. I don't know about you, but there are days where I just want to scrap and do not want to cook. Or I have been super busy and just plain wore out. But I have these 3 kids who for some reason think they need to be fed daily (needy things huh?) So what do you do? I keep a few things on hand for days like this. First, I always have paper plates, silverware (haha plasticware), and cups. This way, on my lazy nights I also don't have dishes. AND those cheap metal pans that you can throw away. And my go to recipe is ham and cheese casserole. Barely any prep work beforehand.

You will need:

1 package of cubed ham. (I find this with the other fresh cooked ham products in the grocery store)
2 cups shredded cheese
10 eggs
dash of milk
1 package of crossiant recipe style (or the regular works)

Preheat oven to 375. First take your metal pan (or a casserole dish is fine, you want it to be 9 x 13 so that its not too thick and cooks evenly) and roll out your crossiant into the bottom. I usually spray my pan with pam first but that is up to you. Then sprinkle the ham on top, then put the cheese on top of that. I tried using more cheese and it didn't taste right. 2 cups seems to be the magic number.

Wisk eggs in a separate bowl and put in a dash of milk. To tell you the truth I have no idea why I do this, I don't put in much, maybe an ounce? But the person who told me this recipe told me to so I do it.

Pour eggs on top of casserole. You can cover it with aluminum foil but its not necessary. I do it if I remember it. Then bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until fork inserted into middle comes out clean.

Simple and easy!! What are your go to recipes for easy meals when  you don't feel like cooking?

0 comments: