Sunday, February 5, 2012

Three Hybrid Projects using You and I

Hello! Pene here with some hybrid goodness for you! Litabells Designs is the featured designer at Scrap Orchard this month! This gorgeous freebie called You and I is given out when you sign up for the Scrap Orchard newsletter.


Valentine's Day is of course in February, and I was feeling the love! So I decided to make some hybrid projects with this love-ly kit!

The first is a simple card I made for my husband for our wedding anniversary.  We celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on the 30th of January!  I made the card in Photoshop Elements, printed it on white cardstock, cut it out with a paper trimmer, and there you have it.  For some extra pop I printed out the heart and stuck it on the card with foam tape.


As you know I am a big fan of Pinterest.  I found lots of gorgeous hanging hearts and garlands and as I couldn't decided which one to make, I made them both!

This is a hanging heart.  I used the heart element in the You and I kit, resized and with various papers from the kit clipped to it.  I printed these on white cardstock, cut them out and folded them in half.  Then I stuck one side of the first heart to one side of the next heart and so on.  I punched a hole in the top with my crop-o-dile and used some twine to hang it.  I added some buttons and beads to the twine for some pretties.

Sorry the photos are a little blurry - it didn't want to stop spinning!

Next is the heart garland.  I have a hall stand with a beautiful glass vase with blue stones at the bottom and white twigs sticking out of it.  I have decorated the twigs a few different ways over the years depending on the season or the event, and of course I had to choose hearts for this month!

For this project, I printed various patterned papers from the You and I kit onto white cardstock and used a heart punch to punch out lots of hearts. I used some linen thread and sewed the hearts on with a needle, alternating buttons and beads in between.  It looks so sweet wrapped around the twigs! I love it!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Pene


0 comments: