Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beef Dip Sandwiches

Hi everyone! Jan here today and so excited to be posting on Lita's blog again. I hope everyone got some fabulous DSD goodies last weekend and was able to join in all the fun! It seems like inside things are becoming more the thing to do around my part of the world as the weather is getting colder and the snow is starting to fall. One of the things that I like to do around this time of year is to find new warm and hearty dinner ideas. But being a working mom, I also like things that are fast and easy!! So today I thought I would share one of the newest things I've found to cook that my family LOVES - Beef Dip Sandwiches - made in the crock pot/slow cooker. I found this recipe on Pinterest and have made them several times since. They are always a big hit!!

Image is linked to the original recipe at The Country Cook for credit :)

Ingredients:
3-4 lb. Beef Round Steak (or any type of beef roast)
1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1 packet Au Jus Seasoning
1 (15 oz) can of Beef Broth or Stock
½ cup water
4 slices mozzarella cheese
Sub rolls 
 
Directions:
Put beef roast in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine Beef broth, Onion soup mix, Au Jus seasoning and water and stir until combined. Pour mixture over beef, put cover on slow cooker and cook on low for
about 8 hours. An hour before serving, shred meat with two forks or take it out and slice thinly.  Place meat back in the slow cooker for another hour.
When ready to serve, place several slices of beef on roll, add sliced mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler (or use broil option on toaster oven). Watch carefully, broil for just a couple of minutes until cheese is melted and roll is just slightly toasted.
Serve sandwich with a bit of Au Jus from the slow cooker (you may want to strain it first). 
I'm telling you, these are fabulous and easy and even great reheated for lunch the next day!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!

0 comments: